Re: Bootable Woody Sparc CD's??

Sorry, I missed to cc the list on my last reply, that's why I leave all the
quoting. Mea culpa.

On Sep 28 2001, jason andrade wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>
> > Which is the problem and what do you propose?
>
> it's not a problem as such - i just think it could be formalized a bit
> so that there is reduced duplication of effort and it was easier for
> mirrors and end users to find the ISO images.
>
> > Atilla said that he did not have the space to create all this stuff, so I
> > tried to create it and have it set up. I can even put all the images on one
> > machine right now, but as new arches get into woody I won't be able to hold
> > them on that machine, that's why I'm having them on two machines putting
> > cdimage.trasno.net as a page for instructions. I have chosen this domain
> > instead of using cdimage.debian.net wich I had thought some time, to make
> > sure people really noticed that they were unofficial images.
>
> i don't think there would be a problem with using cdimage - all that needs
> to happen is that they are clearly marked as unofficial images.  this wouldn't
> be all that difficult to do.  at worst, get cdimage-unofficial.debian.net ?

well, I could try that, but when I thought about that I thought on having
the images on $ARCH.cdimage.debian.net and that seems already way too long
if we use $ARCH.cdimage-unofficial.debian.net, well, it seems just too long
to me.

Of course we could set up a cdimage-unofficial.debian.net page like
the one I have now at cdimage.trasno.net and point there to all the
unofficial mirrors and images out there, but I think that for that we
already have cdimage.debian.org, don't we?

Well, there is no problem for me anyway to get that
cdimage-unofficial.debian.net domain and point it to my page and add there
all the stuff you all want. In fact, I have already added that hostname to
the db, and configured my apache to answer to that domain name, but it will
take some time for the db to be updated.

> how much disk space does all your images take up ?   i currently am using
> about 25G of disk space to maintain an archive of slink, potato (official)
> and woody, sid and hurd (unofficial, i386 only) images.

2144840 /home/ftp/unofficial-debian-cds/woody-hppa
2363836 /home/ftp/unofficial-debian-cds/woody-ia64
2993512 /home/ftp/unofficial-debian-cds/woody-sparc
3452432 /home/ftp/pub/unofficial-debian-cds/woody-i386
2802928 /home/ftp/pub/unofficial-debian-cds/.more/woody-arm
2911896 /home/ftp/pub/unofficial-debian-cds/.more/woody-m68k
2878172 /home/ftp/pub/unofficial-debian-cds/.more/woody-powerpc
totals... 19547644

But there are at least alpha cds wich should be comming any day soon, as
soon as they fix some things in making cds bootable (any alpha guy around
that can tell us how this is going?), and others should be coming as well,
besides the growing of the new ports as they catch up.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net