Re: burning a debian cd

MaX wrote:

> On Sun, 2001-09-09 at 17:43, marco wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> > I burn two cd and no one runs !!
> > please help me,
> > my cd burner is on a mac.
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> burn from  Mac is very easy.
>
> copy your image iso or raw in a partition or in the Desktop.
>
> 1. run Toast deluxe
>
> 2. select in the menu Format/Disk image option.
>
> 3. drug and drop the iso or raw in the window of Toast application.
>
> 4. insert a blank CD an press Write CD button.
>
> 5 enjoy!!

thanks, i was on the right way...
the cd is not bootable on my toshiba laptop.
I ve tested it with a w98 cd and he wants to boot at statup.
I think it is the cd, and the way  i ve made it...
I found this on the debianlaptop list :
#Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:33:47 +0200
#                 From:                    "Tony Crawford" <tc@crawfords.de>
#                      To:                     debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
#... although the 2.2r*0* CD does?
#
#At first I thought I had a coaster, but it boots fine on other
#machines. FWIW the Progeny 1.0 CD I got off a magazine cover
#won't boot on the Toshiba either.
#
#Very curious (and holding on to those 2.2r0 images),
#
#Tony
#(yes, I did try this on debian-user last week)
--
is there any problem in the iso image from their ftp.debian.org server ?
I can't test it on a desktop PC, I haven't...

marco