Re: Why the non-free packages are in ALL cd?

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:16:23AM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> Grrr. Until this release the non-free stuff lived on a separate CD (the
> last one), because of the Debian policy on the official CD set. Last week
> (and some weeks before) I got mails from several people, asking for a
> mixed release.
>
> Now what?
>
> I can do three variations:
>
> - mixed non-free/free packages on the CDs
> - separate non-free CD
> - separate non-free CD, in a multisession writable format (suggested by
> Gyorgy Pasztor)

If adding non-free add another CD in any case, the non-free may be put in
the last CD, someone that want all software download all cd, who doesn't
want non-free doesn't download the last cd. I don't see any problem in
this...

Eventually the last CD may contain some contrib packages.

I don't want to create a flame, read below...

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:42:31AM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> > Because the one who is generating those CD has decided this. I
> > remember you that those CDs are UNofficial. Stay with official CDs if
> > you don't wanna have those problems.
> Or roll them yourself... :)

I'm thinking to make cd myself, with the software I like (only free software
and non-US/main), but I hope to test the Debian pre-official CD and make
some feedback in this list.

The images in ftp.fsn.hu are for Debian testers or are for anybody in
Internet and don't care about feedback to the release of woody?

ciao

Michele