Re: Customizing Woody CDs

Le Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 06:29:11PM +1200, Philip Charles écrivait:
> The Debian install team were hell bent on dropping base2_2.tgz and
> replacing it with .udeb's which, as I understand it, are installed from
> the CD or a tarball.  I complained as I need the trad base*.tgz for the

No, udebs are not used for that purpose and won't be used for Debian woody.
It's just that even the base system is unpacked from the usual .deb
using debootstrap and there's no base.tar.gz (or similar).

Personnalizing a CD means just including the packages of your choice, this
is already feasible. What is lacking is an easy way to launch the install
of preselected packages after reboot.

That may be done with tasksel and some personal task, or it may be
done with a personal script that is dropped in a way or in another
in /usr/lib/base-config (see base-config manpage).

> May I forward you message to b-f to strengthen my case?

Don't you think it has already been enough discussed ?

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com