Re: Customizing Woody CDs

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Simon Lyall wrote:

*********

> I'm in the process of going through the documentation (as such) for
> boot-floppies and dbootstrap but I've still to get my head around it.
>
> Just wondering how others are doing similar sort of setups? I know woody
> won't be out for a few weeks but I'd like to be ready with install CDs
> soon after it is.

The Debian install team were hell bent on dropping base2_2.tgz and
replacing it with .udeb's which, as I understand it, are installed from
the CD or a tarball.  I complained as I need the trad base*.tgz for the
Hurd CDs and the team said that they would consider my request for a
facility to install a trad base*.tgz and tools to create the said trad
base*.tgz

I will be hanging onto the potato boot-floppies just in case.  I do not
install b-f, but unpack the source which needs no compiling and runs
nicely when unpacked.  This means that that I have several versions and
hacks available.  You may want to do the same.

May I forward you message to b-f to strengthen my case?

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org