Re: jigdo 0.5.2

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 12:22:26AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> So sprach »Richard Atterer« am 2001-09-03 um 23:35:59 +0200 :
> > also available for Mac OS 9 (GTK+ is for OS X only). However,
> > currently I lean towards GTK+ since it is more "mainstream" and more
> > likely to be ported to further platforms in the future (fingers
> > crossed). OTOH, wxwindows builds on top of GTK+ - hmm...
>
> Hmm, how about QT? It's available for Linux and Windows and Mac's
> shouldn't be too far away IIRC. Or, to go to the other extreme - how
> about whatever Kylix uses? Should allow making applications which
> run on Linux and Windows.

IMHO, Qt and GTK+ don't differ much WRT cross-platform development.
The only differences are that GTK+ is available for Mac OS X now, and
that Qt is less Free for Windows (only GPL'd code can use the free
version, I think?).

I have never looked at Kylix, but judging from the small news item in
this week's LWN, it seems to use Qt. I could be wrong.

> Is a recent GTK available for Windows?

Only 1.2 is available. Apparently, 1.4 will take quite some time yet,
since they want to make it theme-able under Windows, unlike 1.2.
(Actually, the Win32 GTK+ DLLs I downloaded have a version number of
"1.3".)

Cheers,

  Richard

--