Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

Le Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 12:30:31PM +0200, Attila Nagy écrivait:
> user.info dbootstrap[138]: running '/usr/sbin/debootstrap --boot-floppies
> woody /target file:/instmnt'
> user.err dbootstrap[138]: Couldn't download adduser
>
> That's all. At this point it dies, I don't know how it could be installed
> onto the machine.
>
> So what now?

adduser is on the first CD, can someone confirm ?

And I guess that adduser is the first base package that debootstrap tries
to get, so it may not be related to debian-cd ... maybe something totally
different like nothing mounted on /instmnt ...

Check with debian-boot and aj, explain what you did, eventually what you
skipped in the process. The problem is not with debian-cd I guess.

> I would be glad to forget the old potato boot floppies, but it seems
> something is wrong here. This is the second, or third version of the woody
> boot floppies, which I tried and I keep my debian-cd always up to date...

Other people had success, you must do something different from the others
that'd explain it. Do you try to get the base from the CD or from the
network ?

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com