Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

Hello,

[again]

> > > What is exactly your problem ?
> > Finding the adduser package.
> This bug may be fixed. I recently committed a change to include all
> packages requested by debootstrap on the first CD. However I wonder
> how adduser could have disappeared ... it's priority "standard" so it
> should always have been on CD1.
So. This was some weeks ago, but I could test this out only now.
Updated to the latest debian-cd (deleted the secured stuff from Makefile)
and used the latest woody boot floppies (2.3.6), available on the mirrors.

After booting the CD the installer stops at the adduser again.

This is when the user tries to install the base system, until that
everything works fine.

On the log console:

user.info dbootstrap[138]: running '/usr/sbin/debootstrap --boot-floppies
woody /target file:/instmnt'
user.err dbootstrap[138]: Couldn't download adduser

That's all. At this point it dies, I don't know how it could be installed
onto the machine.

So what now?

I would be glad to forget the old potato boot floppies, but it seems
something is wrong here. This is the second, or third version of the woody
boot floppies, which I tried and I keep my debian-cd always up to date...

Ideas?
Attila Nagy                                    e-mail:  Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU)                   @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17.           cell.: +3630 306 6758