Re: PowerMac booting, dilemma

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:12:51PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Actually you can't know which one is used. But I can export the
> MKISOFS variable and you could check against it. It contains the name
> of the command that will be used. It's just a matter of adding
> "export " just before the MKISOFS definition in the Makefile.
> Take care, it will/may contain the complete path of the binary.
>
> I've just committed this change.

ok good, that will help.

> > also are potato CD images (for new revisions) built on potato or
> > woody?
>
> I don't know. We need to ask Phil Hands. I guess it didn't matter until
> now. We didn't rely on any fancy feature of mkisofs.

i think i can make it work with both now, but only if potato uses
mkhybrid and woody uses mkisofs.  (well maybe i have to double check
the manpages again).

also it appears that all the images for powerpc are made as HFS
hybrids, does anyone know why?  its not necessary, only CD 1 needs to
be that way so it can be bootable.  id rather see all CDs except 1 be
pure ISO.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/