Re: local mirror

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, MPfeifer wrote:

> > But personally I'd make an image of the CD, FTP that over to the server and
> > loop-mount it there.
>
> yes thanks. i solved it like this. so, we just need to umount them to do an
> rsync when new revisions are available.

Yep.

> now we just need the NON-FREE disk (i bought it from you Anne last september),
> as that one might be out of date now as well. i'll dive into "debian-cd"... i
> think that's the tool for making the 4th cd right?

I'm doing it half-"automated" half-manually because I have some special
requirements (all ARCHs on one CD, include everything from contrib that's not
on the official CDs, include my own stuff, etc.).

AFAIK debian-cd can make a non-free CD allright, if that's what you need.
But since it isn't very much, you could also mirror it directly from the FTP
servers, or even smarter, install a webcache that keeps downloaded .debs
forever (well, a few months at least).

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer