RE: Problem..... W2k & Pseudo image kit

> I dunno whether this is the right one of the myriad mail
> addresses to send this - but here goes.....

No - it's nothing to do with security. It should probably be debian-cd, to
which I have copied it.

> I have now tried to run the pseudo-image-kit on two different win2k pro
> boxes. Both entirely independent - one's at work, another belongs
> to a friend.
> In each case, whilst the kit is running, the box spontaneously
> reboots - no warning, no indications that I can see.
> It's now running quite happily on the same friends box under
> w98se, and has been for some hours.
> I am afraid my hackles of suspicion are aroused, Mr Gates.....

Unlikely to be anything to do with MS. After all, Win98 and Win2K are
completely different OSes that happen to have an almost-common API.

Since the pseudo-image-kit uses Cygnus ports of the UNIX utilities, I
suggest you'd be better off asking them. The most likely explanation is that
you've found a bug in the version of Cygwin which it uses - since the
cygwin1.dll in the pseudo kit is missing its version info. I can't tell. The
current DLL version (1.3.2) is available from
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ and it works fine under Win2K. Whether
Cygwin 1.3.2 works in the context of the pseudo-image-kit I do not know.

Jon.