Re: official 2.2_rev3 CDs available

Mattias Wadenstein <maswan@acc.umu.se> writes:

> Well, just an rsync over the entire debian-cd directory doesn't work that
> way for me, unfortunately. Because it handles the 2.x dir first, before it
> comes to the potato_test dir.

Is this starting from a point of not having the old images in the
potato_test dir?  If so, I can see why you'd get what you describe,
otherwise I'd expect it to work properly.

> And if you only rsync the potato_test dir (and make links manually or
> scripted later) you need addtional storage, because then you will end up
> with the new set in potato_test and the old set in 2.x. This might work
> fine for some people, but unfortunately we do not have that much storage
> free (we use that to mirror stuff instead).

I think you just need to put the links into potato_test in first, and
all will work as you wish --- you cannot expect rsync to guess that
the files in a directory next door, are a bit like the ones you're
trying to download.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/