Re: official 2.2_rev3 CDs available

jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> On 28 Apr 2001, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >

> first of all, thanks for getting these out (and for all the
> architectures!).
>
> > As some of you have obviously realised (as demonstrated by open
> > getting to over 24Mbit/s a little while ago) the long awaited CD
> > images are now finally available, so form an orderly queue.
>
> is that 24Mbit to just mirror sites or all end users ? i'm having
> a lot of difficulty getting any connection to cdimage at the moment
> from here in australia :-(.  is there any ip access control that can
> be put in place for even 24 hours ?

everyone --- it's now down to 15Mbit/s, so maybe you'll have more luck.

If not, I'll switch the passwords on for the weekend.

> > You know the drill, use pseudo-image if possible, or the old 2.2r2
> > images to rsync over (quite a few packages have moved CDs because of
> > the kernel source move, so pseudo-image will be a better option)
>
> aye.. all i'm trying to do is get a listing and then get the list files
> down to use pik2.  anyone else have the list files yet ?

Oh, right --- the list files are available via HTTP:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cd-images/

for example:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cd-images/2.2_rev3/i386/binary-i386-1_NONUS.list

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. don't bother trying to download the images themselves from here.
They're password protected, and there is no valid password so you're
not going to guess it.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/

Philip Hands.  +44 (0)20 7744 6244  philip.hands@uk.alcove.com