Re: official 2.2_rev3 CDs available

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> > from my testing, it is always faster for a full mirror site to download
> > via pik2 and then rsync over the top, than just rsync over old images,
> > or worse, just download them from cdimage.
>
> This statement is meant to be true when you're already a mirror right?  I

yes.

> > from an end user point, i guess i don't agree with trying to get users
> > to use pik2 or rsync.. but that's just me.
>
> Uhm, rsync is very nice, I don't have a problem with this.  I have a
> "problem" with trying to get everyone to use pik2.

i do only because it doesn't scale very well at the moment. also, there's
no `shell' or browser for rsync, or a plugin for that to work with your
browser (hmm, there's an idea, wonder if that's possible) which makes
it a bit more of a pain for the average user.

> In fact, wouldn't it take longer/require more manual work using pik2 to get
> all the 3 images?

in my experience, yes - i am probably missing something though.

-jason