Re: 2.2r3 test images

On 26 Apr 2001, Philip Hands wrote:

>I've no idea, but I'd guess that there might be a problem pressing
>larger CDs in bulk --- would someone that actually presses CDs in bulk
>care to enlighten us?
>
>As it happens, we can fit the CDs onto 3x650 per architecture at
>present, so we might as well, because otherwise we just have a
>slightly emptier CD#3, but the extra space could be handy in future,
>so could anyone that knows a good reason not to go to 700MB / image in
>the future, please tell us what it is.
>
>Cheers, Phil.

10 % of my customers use old cdrom drives.
They need 650 MB CD because it can not read 700 MB CD.

Debian has a lot of the smart old timers.

They like Debian because it is smart enough to let people in without a
high barrier to entry. 1500 US for a brand new machine with all of the
whizbangs is a high barrier to entry.

Mexico and Spain would be on M$ if we demand that you get a
new machine.

Cheers, Bill Bennet.

"Where the only monopoly we support has a Boardwalk and a Baltic Avenue."