Re: 2.2rev3 CDs (and status of cdimage.d.o)

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:15:03AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

> have debian addressed the alleged file corruption (ext2) issue that
> i heard was present in 2.4.X uptil 2.4.3 ?

Well, given that that seems to be what's been causing cdimage.debian.org
grief recently (I stupidly upgraded to 2.4.3 to see if it would cure
a DMA interrupt error I've been getting on the HPT366 controller)
I'd say the answer to that question was probably "no".

BTW open.hands.com (a.k.a. cdimage.d.o, www.uk.d.o etc.) died rather
more effectively than expected, and is no longer getting past the LILO
end of today (GMT), at which point I'll move /dev/hdc to /dev/hdg,
which should apparently side-step the issues with the VIA/Athlon combo.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/

Alcove UK  ---  Liberating Software  ---  http://www.alcove.com/