Re: Call for test and some thoughts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raphael Hertzog" <rhertzog@hrnet.fr>
Subject: Call for test and some thoughts

> I commited today some changes to debian-cd wrt the latest bug
> about Packages and Release(.gpg) files. I haven't tested it much (only
manty
> helped me debug it this night), and I'd welcome other results to be sure
> it's ok.

Works on i386.  The boot disks documentation may have grown, as
the resulting image #1 is 667MB.   SIZELIMIT for CD#1 will
need to be adjusted a bit smaller.

> I also made a change to work with the latest boot floppies where UDMA66
> has been replaced by IDE.

works.

> BTW, do we really need to depend/recommend on unzip and lha ? I've seen
> that we do no more use unzip to unpack .zip files (I removed it
> long ago, can't remember why, apparently it was a patch from jwest).

http://cvs.debian.org/debian-cd/tools/boot/woody/boot-i386.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.
2&diff_format=h

Humm, unzip is not currently used in /tools/boot/woody/boot-i386.

Other observations:

The README.txt in the top level directory is blank, however the
README.html is fine.

I built only the i386 set, as I am cramped for disk space at the moment.
I have not tried an install, only built the images and burned a set to look
at.
I will reduce CD#1 size and try an install in the next few days.

---
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
"Someone thought The Big Red Button was a light switch."
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: jwest@debian.org
phone   425-591-3002
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: