Re: Please Update http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/ftp-mirrors.html

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:

> Christian Asam wrote:
> > I have run out of space (Why is the "normal" debian
> > tree growing SO much???)
>
> I am starting to wonder too. Initially, I had asked 10 Gigs
> to my sponsors. Currently, I use more than 20 Gigs
> (but not only for the Debian distro)

because debian appears to be in transition between the current
system and the pools hierarchy.  also, you're witnessing the
natural growth of opensource and packages... linux isn't
(unfortunately, based on disk usage) growing by 10% a year..
it's more like 20% a month. (slight exaggeration :-)

-jason