help! (pop)

I assume you're the one to email about cd image problems with Debian.  Here's my problem, I want to install Debian, but it does not support my ethernet card (D-Link 530 TX).  So I figured the easiest way was to make a CD image and install from there, install the drivers for my ethernet card, then configure the apt program to look at the mirrors for downloading future programs.  (If at this point you suddenly see an easier way, please inform me!)

So making the CD image, I ran into errors doing the make-pseudo-image.  It seems that the program is looking for some html FAQ files, which are now stored in a gzipped format (/doc/FAQ/ if I remember correctly).

So praying that wasn't going to be a huge problem, I continued onto rsyncing.  It finishes, and at 99% I get the error: ERROR: file corruption in binary-i-386-1.iso.  File changed during transfer?

I've gotten this on two different rsync server.  But when I do the md5sum check, it's the same as what it should be.

Is there an easier method?  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is the rsync program just out of date concerning the location of the html faq files and needs to be updated?  (it seems like I have to worst luck at home with linux, installing it at work, no problem!!!  Oie!  It'd probably be easier, but more expensive, to just get hardware that's supported).

Thanks a lot for you help (or forwarding this to whomever can help).

-Patrick Mauro.

---
PATRICK MAURO
Second Year Engineering