cdimage debian

I am confused. Is it a policy of Debian to confuse its users?

I'm a linux user. I've heard great things about debian, so I think what the heck: lets download the iso and give it a try. To my surprise my search for locating the iso image of potato2.2r2 has so far been unsuccesful:
- I have seen mirrors of obsolete iso's (from last August)
- I've seen password protected files that I need (apperently)
- The debian cdimage site provides a lot of info + a confusing wizard like page that invariably directs you to what you don't want trying to convince you that you want it anyway. However no links to a recent iso image (which is what you'd expect to find on a site called cdimage.debian.org, call me idiot if you like).
- I've found instructions on how to make an ISO however I'm interested in the endresult, not in the process. I just want to pop in a cd, reboot and install debian. The simpler the better.
- I've seen links to installation guides that appears to be in Hungarian/Romanian (sad joke that quickly becomes annoying, and yes I know how to find the english version by now)
- I've searched on google for iso images, no luck there either. Lots of pointers to forums/news groups discussing iso images though (it seems I'm not alone in my search).

So, help me out, please provide me with the right link to a debian 2.2r2 iso image, preferably on a mirror in the Netherlands.

Greetings,

Jilles van Gurp

University of Groningen

phone:+31 050 3633948 (work) +31 050 3117309 (home) +31 06 15451294 (mobile)
homepage: http://www.cs.rug.nl/~jilles
icq: 21806240 (work), 23309977 (home)