Re: rsync and proxy

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ohrt, Anders wrote:

> I followed the make-pseudo-image instructions, but what do I do when I reach
> the rsync point? I must use rsync via proxy, and there are no instructions
> on how to do this...

Rsync does not work over a proxy, so most people take the pseudo-image to some
place where they don't have to use a proxy (dailing in to another ISP for
instance). Alternatively, if you are behind a corporate firewall, ask your
sysadmin nicely to temporarily allow outgoing TCP connections to port 873 of
the server you want to use.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer