Re: [lawrencc@debian.org: Please remove mkhybrid from sid, woody]

#include <sorry_for_the_late_reply.h>
#include <i_was_just_far_too_busy.h>

On 28 Jan 2001, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I have requested that mkhybrid be removed from sid and woody, so
> > mkisofs can "take over" the package.  Let me know if you need the
> > symlink tree patch or anything.  The report is #83823

The "official" procedure to make Debian CDs (i.e. with hardlinks) works well
with mkisofs. However there probably also are people using a symlink farm,
which requires mkhybrid's -F option ("-follow-outside-links   Follow symbolic
links which point outside the CD base directory"). AFAICS this option is not
available in mkisofs 1.13, so it seems mkisofs does _not_ incorporate all of
the features of mkhybrid.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer