Re: Custom Kernel Documentation

#include <sorry_for_the_late_reply.h>
#include <i_was_just_far_too_busy.h>

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 shamilton@javtech.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of anyplace that I can find documentation on adding a
> custom kernel to the Debain CD? I need to get an install cd that will boot
> the DAC960 driver, so I can install onto drives on that controller. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

I guess you're trying to build a CD with debian-cd (aka YACS) from a (partial)
mirror of the Debian packages archive. The script just takes the
images-2.88/rescue.bin and uses that as boot image for the CD. So the
easiest solution would be to (temporarily) replace that file in your FTP
mirror with a disk image containing your custom kernel.

(Or if you want to do it more cleanly, search for images-2.88 in
tools/boot/potato/boot-i386)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer