Re: New HURD image!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have updated the HURD image on ftp.fsn.hu (thanks to its creator, Philip
> Charles).
>
> The image can be accessed in these ways:
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/hurd-D1.iso
> http://ftp.fsn.hu/ftp/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/hurd-D1.iso
> rsync://ftp.fsn.hu/cdimages/debian-unofficial/hurd-D1.iso
>
> The MD5 summary of the file is:
> 9480c93d1c0994160724bceade23e371  hurd-D1.iso
>
> Please try this CD out and report any problems on this list, or directly
> to Philip (address is in the list's archive).

Thanks for hosting this.

The boot-floppies are now based on 2.2.17 - there is little (if any)
functional difference.  However, it keeps the boot-floppies in step with
Debian GNU/Linux.  It works well.

debian-cd has been butchered to produce an improved file system, but there
is still some way to go before I am satisfied that it is "good-enough".
However, it is usable.

I am working on the "E" series at the moment.  The debian-cd scripts have
been butchered so everything will be included except packages in the
exclude list.  I plan to rebuild the packages downloaded from
alpha.gnu.org into a proper local file system that can be accessed by
apt, dselect etc in the normal way. I also need to hunt down a bug that
is preventing non-US being fully incorporated into the CD - this only
applies to binary-hurd-i386 in non-US.

The CD has grown to the point that non-free has to go onto a second disc.

I would welcome comments.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818