check-debian-cd 1.10

Hi, here I am, with my latest  version.  This one has all the features I
wanted  for  it.   It  now  needs  testing,  both  for  errors  and  for
compatibility.

check-debian-cd is a shell script for quick checking of Debian CD images
after  having burnt them,  and for  checking of  Debian CD  images after
having rsync'ed them.  It is released under GNU GPL.  Simple usage:

       check-debian-cd
looks in /dev/cdrom and cheks the disc.  Or:

      check-debian-cd binary-i386-1_NONUS.iso
checks the image.  You can give any number of images as arguments.

Checking is  done using  the md5sum program,  and comparing  the results
with an  internal database of  sums.  The program  automatically detects
the  image, because  the internal  database contains  signatures  of the
Debian CDs.   If the  signature is not  found in the  internal database,
check-debian-cd  looks in  the  current and  parent  directories for  an
MD5SUMS file (or  one can be provided with an  option), and compares the
hash generated by md5sum with all those found in the MD5SUMS files.

Thanks  to this  feature,  the program  can  also be  used for  checking
generic  discs, and  could be  part of  the pseudo-image  kit, as  it is
mostly independent of the version of the CDs.  It would be mostly useful
if the MD5SUMS files distributed  with the Debian images were changed to
reflect the  format in the internal  database, thus allowing  for a more
straightforward check, but this is not strictly necessary.

Comments  and  bug  reports  welcome.   The  latest  version  is  always
available at ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/software/unix/check-debian-cd.

Anne, if you agree to put  this together with the pseudo-image kit, then
you can do  with this script whatever you want to  make it compatible or
whatever, or we can discuss the changes you need for that, as you like.