2.2.17 now building for upload to potato

I'm now building for release boot-floppies 2.2.17.  Many many bugs
have been fixed in this version and even if it's not the final for
2.2r1 at least it will get wider testing (I've heard very little about
my prior 2.2.17 test version).

The following packages from proposed-updates were used:

  base-config_0.33_i386.deb
  debconf-tiny_0.2.80.17_all.deb
  libc6_2.1.3-13_i386.deb
  locales_2.1.3-13_i386.deb
  makedev_2.3.1-46_all.deb
  task-x-window-system-core_1.2_i386.deb

Note I did *not* use the 2.2.17 kernel for i386 nor the new pcmcia
there because we still do not have complete kernel support -- I'm
talking about the idepci and compact flavors.   I do hope we get this
straight for r1.