Re: Final ISO of correct size BUT incorrect MD5SUM

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Ricardo Dias Marques wrote:

> I am using the Pseudo Image Kit for Windows. In my specific case,
> it is Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 6).
[snip very fine report -- more people should do that ;-]

> 1) Was this problem the proxy's fault?

Most likely not. And if it were, rsync should have corrected it no matter
what. (Actually, I do find an rsync download of 32 MB rather high, but that
might be just normal, can't check at the moment).

> 2) Is there any way to patch the ISO file to only re-download the files that
> were - apparently - downloaded in text mode, instead of binary?

Not needed. Very likely your image is 99% correct, but rsync doesn't spot
where the problem is. The trick in these cases is to use a (much) larger, and
possibly "weird" --block-size, like 20000 instead of 8192, or even 123456. I
think (hope ;-) you'll then see a literal download of exactly one block, after
which the md5sum should be okay.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer