Re: Suggestions for 2.2 r1

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Christian Surchi wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 12:28:40PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> > I would suggest that we put these packages on whatever CD is right
> > according to their popularity, as we already do for other packages.
>
> I don't think we should consider popularity to judge correctly that. I
> think we should decide in general. I don't see the cause for *-es and *-de
> in first cd and other languages in third one for example. And I think we
> have a similar situation now...

I am a hopeless linguist and I am fortunate to be a native English speaker.
What about the poor linguist whose native language is not English and who
got the first CD only on the understanding that Debian was international
and multi-lingual?

I understand that there is a thriving programming industry on the Indian
sub-continent and in other parts of Asia.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818