Re: Can't install non-Nautilus on UP1100

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Robert Funnell wrote:

> I created a Debian 2.2r0 'Official alpha binary-1' CD last week. I
> used it to install the Nautilus kernel on a UP1100, but then the
> machine wouldn't boot because of 'lost interrupt' errors. It has been
> suggested that I use the generic kernel, not Nautilus, because the
> UP1100 has SRM. However, I don't seem to be able to get dbootstrap to
> install a non-Nautilus kernel. When I do 'Install OS kernel & modules'
> from the CD-ROM, it asks me for a directory containing
> nautilus/images-1.44/rescue.bin, so I always get the Nautilus version.
>
> Am I doing something really stupid, or does the installation procedure
> on the CD really force the use of Nautilus for a UP1100?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Robert Funnell
>
> (Sorry if you've already seen this posting. I posted it to
> debian-alpha yesterday but there hasn't been a response and I thought
> maybe debian-cd would be more appropriate. Please forgive a gnewbie.)

You already tried the new _rev0_CDa version of the CDs? (They rsync really
fast when starting with _rev0 images.)

If that also doesn't work, I'm afraid there's no more help here. The guys from
-alpha@lists have provided the most critical parts of the scripts that produce
the CDs, so you should ask there (again, or wait patiently ;-) if your problem
is due to the bootability/layout of the CDs.

However, your problem seems more related to the install system (i.e. you would
have had the same problem if you downloaded disks-alpha/ from FTP and used
floppies to install from); so I think you'd better ask debian-boot@lists.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer