Re: Creating a non-free/contrib cd image...

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:14:36PM +0200, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> > I downloaded the tree official i386 debian cd-images.
> > Now I'd like to make another CD including all the
> > packages I don't have yet (these are all non-free and
> > the non-US depending on non-free, right)?
>
> Err, sorry, not non-US, but contrib.

With a good FTP program, fetch the entire
{contrib,non-free,non-US/non-free}/binary-{i386,all}/
directories; the FTP program "should" preserve symlinks. (If it doesn't,
that's fine, but then you don't need the binary-all dirs.)

Then organize these dirs in a way that you see on the Official CDs (including
the stable,unstable,frozen->potato symlinks(!)); make an appropriate
.disk/info file, mkisofs and be happy ;-)  You don't need to make
Packages.cd(.gz) files, apt-cdrom only uses the Packages.gz's that are just
those found on the FTP sites. It also shouldn't matter that you have certain
contrib/ packages on two CDs.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer