Re: Putting cds on hard drive.

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Tommy Moore wrote:

> Hi guys. I downloaded the 3 set of cds for potato. All the ones I have here
> are binary cds. I want todorp them on to hard drive so that I can install
> debian on multiple machines with out having to use the cdroms. Can I just
> drop the contents of the cds in to a directory on my web server or
> something?  How do I handle the package listings because I know their split
> up by which cd to use.

Easy, just put each CD in a separate directory, like cd1/ cd2/ and cd3/, then
have 3 "deb" lines in your sources.list pointing to those directories. No need
to merge contents or Packages files, apt can do this all by itself. (See the
README.html/.txt on the CDs for more info on the sources.list entries.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer