Re: .raw naming

On 11 Aug 2000, Philip Hands wrote:

> Speaking of which, I think I'll destroy the slink CD images now, and
> create a potato_test hierarchy, with the TC3 images in it so that the
> mirrors can sync up before the official CD run --- any objections?

Yes, I think Debian should *always* have stable CDs available. If you
destroy current slink images there will be none.

I'd like to see a new slink point release and "last" new CD slink
images before that. Remember that TeX in the current CD images for
slink is broken by the infamous time bomb. People will remember our
inability to fix important problems like this if we do not ship a last
set of fixed CD images for slink, I think this would be a shame for
the project.

I was told a new slink point release was required before new CD images
could be generated. Unfortunately ftp.debian.org maintainers do not
want, or are not able to do more slink point releases.