the powerpc/open.hands.com saga continues

Hi,

I've been having reliability problems with open.hands.com, in that
it's been crashing with increasing regularity, especially when
building CD images.

My current theory is that this is due to some RAM that was added a few
weeks ago, so I'm going to go in to the co-lo site in about 3 hours,
test the RAM, and swap it out for some that's been running reliably
for ages in another machine.

I'll also be putting another 30GB UDMA 66 disk in, to hold the CD
images.  This should improve the build times, since the archive and
the target drives will then both be UDMA66 on different IDE busses.

So expect an hour or so's downtime at about 14:00 GMT today, shortly
followed by the new powerpc images (or alternatively, a series of
random crashes, and me getting really irritable ;-)

Cheers, Phil.
--
Vote against SPAM!  http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/