Re: CVS script

On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 04:47:58PM +0200, Frank Ronneburg wrote:
>Quoting Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>:
>>
>> When I want to create potato CDs with the scripts checked out from CVS it
>> gives me the following errors:
>> -there is no isomarkboot executable
>
>You will find it in the Package "aboot". It is available for
>Alpha only.
>
>> I don't know who is responsible for the alpha part of the scripts but
>> these errors are very old (several weeks, maybe one month)...
>>
>> Could somebody fix them somehow?
>
>Is it possible do build a Package "aboot" for i386 ? At the moment it
>is not possible to build bootable CDs for Alpha on a i386.
>
>Workaround: mount the Partition with the CD Images via NFS on
>a alpha Machine and run aboot on the Alpha...

Alternatively, we could add an isomarkboot program (or source) to the
debian-cd package. Slink-cd shipped including isomarkboot for alpha
and i386. Loic Prylli compiled up the i386 version for me ages ago -
January 1999. Or (as he suggested back then!) we should split the
isomarkboot program off into a separate package for all architectures,
and then debian-cd can depend on it.

Checking now, I can't get isomarkboot to build from source on my i386
box, but that could well be a local problem...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/