Re: Problems in making potato sparc images

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 10:11:07PM +0200, Jens Müller wrote:
> > Hi, I'm having problems with this, it is the first time I build sparc
> > images, and I seem to be having problems with the boot.
> >
> > This is the error I'm getting:
> > Generating the binary iso images ...
> > /usr/bin/mkisofs: No such file or directory. Cannot access
> 'boot/second.b'.
> >
> > I haven't had much time to look at this, so maybe is just something silly,
> > but I don't have much time lately, so if you could put some light on this.
> >
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose that is the boot image for the
> 2nd CD. (Yes, it is bootable, too!)

Correcting...no, it is not the second image, second.b is the second stage
boot loader. The problem appears to be because he did not build the images
as root (or using fakeroot). I suggest:

# fakeroot ./build.sh

That should take care of it. The reason being that sparc bootable CD is a
live filesystem.

Ben