Re: Problems using Pseudo-image Kit

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, rchin rchin wrote:

> I downloaded the pseudo image kit for linux, unpacked it and
> typed in
>
> pseudo-image-kit-2.0 binary-i386-1.list ftp://debian.midco.net/debian
>
> now, all I get is
>
>   Generating file list...
>   Processing: /README.CD-manufacture
>   Getting...
>
> then nothing else happens, it just sits there.
> I tried typing in a fake address, and I get the same output.
>
> What did I do wrong?

It seems debian.midco.net's FTP server is broken, I can't even do a "dir"
there. Try another server.

Other possibilities are that your network connection is gone, or that your
nameserver has problems.

> I can't use the window's version of the pseudo kit because the bash there
> doesn't work with /tmp??

The warning about /tmp is incorrect and should be ignored. If things don't
work, the (non)existence of /tmp can never be the cause.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer