Re: please add pointer to /doc/install

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Rainer Clasen wrote:

> Recently I've lend my test-cycle2 CD-Set to a friend. He kept asking me
> where he could find installation instructions. He didn't find
> /doc/install.
>
> I was astonished to find no pointer in CD1's README* to /doc at all.
> Shouldn't we add a note?

Huh?

   Read the Installation Manual, on this CD at

     /install/doc/install.en.html     (English version).

   Translations of the Installation Manual, various other documents, and
   just everything else needed for the installation can be found on this
   CD under

     /dists/potato/main/disks-i386

/doc/install only has symlinks to /install/doc, and those symlinks don't work
on Windows.

However, there is one possible inconsistency, namely that "Translations and
other documents" are also present in /install/doc. Can somebody confirm if
this is true for all architectures?

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer