availability of .list files

I would like to use the Pseudo-Image kit.  Unfortunately, while there are
plenty of package mirrors, I am having a hard time finding .list files that
match the packages on the mirrors (warnings on every package when running
make-pseudo-image).  Perhaps you could make your Pseudo-Image kit
documentation/web pages much more clear and specific about how one can find
a correlating set of packages and .list files and rsync servers.  No package
mirrors I have looked at have any .list files at all, it seems only the few
ISO mirrors have them.  It seems you should encourage package mirrors to
include  .list files.  I am just about frustrated enough to make a small
bogus binary-i386.iso file and run rsync on it.  I would be glad to be more
well-mannered and get the packages from other servers as you suggest if it
was more clear how/where to do it.