Re: test-cycle-1 CD's debian-cd diff

On 26 May 2000, Philip Hands wrote:

[...]
>   I put Anne's upgrade-i386 directory in place on my mirror, and made
>   the i386 upgrade.sh use it.  (the static binaries should probably be
>   generated by their respective maintainers, to prevent version skew
>   beween the main archive and the static versions --- is this likely
>   to happen, or do we need someone to maintain the upgrade directories
>   separately ?)

The dpkg/apt maintainers are not interested in this thing (nobody seems to
care about upgrades at all, because they're all running woody already...),
and they can't/won't do the non-i386 versions anyway. However, all .debs on my
site are now built by registered developers and carry their PGP/GPG sigs.

AFAIK it won't be a problem to have slightly older versions in upgrade-*/, as
long as they work for the intended purpose. If new ("regular") versions are
available on the CD/FTP-site during the upgrade, they will be installed almost
first in the process (just after libc6.1 & libstdc++2.8), presumably because
of their high priority.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer