Re: Testing begins 2 May 2000

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 12:08:09PM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> > Are their going to be (semi-)official test iso images available then?  Also,
> > please make sure to update http://cdimage.debian.org!  I look forward to
> > testing the install on a 486DX33 with 8MB RAM!
>
> LinuxISO.org has agreed to carry test images. You can find some here and
> there for potato (by third parties) if you can't wait :)

All known info on potato test images is already at cdimage.debian.org, but the
link at the bottom of the page is not too obvious (to prevent attracting
newbies ;-)

Once _official_ test .iso's are released, they're likely to be mirrored on
the machines that now have unofficial images. (Since the archive won't change
any more then, there's no point in continuing creating snapshots.)

About LinuxISO: we on -cd haven't heard about that?!

Let me stress something that's told in every business course:

        "COMMUNICATION is the keyword in any organization!"

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer