Re: build.sh omission

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 03:17:40AM +0000, Philip Charles écrivait:
> > The line "make list TASK=tasks/Debian_potato [COMPLETE=0]"  needs to be
> > included in build.sh and build_all.sh
>
> Why ? There's already this in build.sh :
> make list COMPLETE=1 SIZELIMIT1=555000000 SRCSIZELIMIT=665000000
> And the same in build_all.sh... (though I may have forgotten to commit the
> changes I did for *SIZELIMIT*)

Apology, I must have removed "task" from the offending line in error when
I was first modifying it.  I have just repeated the exercise with "task"
and it worked.  popularity-contest was commented out and the disc is about
588 MB. I suppose one needs to expect this kind of mistake when one is
convalescent.

> If TASK is not supplied, the Makefile will compute the correct TASK
> filename for the distribution beeing built :
> TASK=$(BASEDIR)/tasks/Debian_$(CODENAME)
>
> > At the moment it is not included in either.  Note that this is not the
> > same as in the README which points to "debian-2.2" which does not exist
> > (yet?).
>
> I don't think we'll add such a task file. The README may need to be
> corrected.

The removal of this and a mention that task-* files are in the mirror
would be helpful.

> > The effect of this omission is to ignore the tasks listed in
> > Debian_potato.  The effect of this omission tended to be masked by
> > popularity-contest being included.
>
> No, that's not possible. Can you prove what you're telling ? Or were you
> just trying to guess ?

See above.

> > Where does debian-cd get the pseudo packages task-*.ctl from?  Which
> > script does this?  I have not been able to track these down.
>
> Hehe, it simply uses the task-* packages that are in the distribution.
> And it uses "apt-cache depends" to get the dependency information :

Found then sitting nicely in my mirror.  A good place for them to be.

> $ apt-cache depends task-gnome-desktop
> task-gnome-desktop
>   Depends: task-x-window-system-core
>   Depends: gnome-session
>   Depends: gnome-panel
>   Depends: gnome-control-center
>   Depends: imlib-base
>   Depends: gnome-terminal
>   Depends: gmc
>   Depends: esound
>     esound-alsa
>   Depends: gnome-users-guide-en
>   Depends: gnome-faq
>
> > It would be useful to be able to substitute the latest task-*.ctl list
> > from cvs for future testing.
>
> No, the task files in CVS are no more used. The packages are the
> reference.

Could they be removed except for popularity-contest?

Ah, I understand how the whole system hangs together now.  Cunning.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818