Re: Please release 2.1r6

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

**cut

> Which stresses an important point: the Debian distribution isn't anymore only
> about FTP archives, but CDs are becoming increasingly important. This is taken
> care for nicely with the potato test cycles, but as soon as `stable' things
> are concerned CDs seem to be forgotten...

Hobbists, home users, IT students and consultants installing systems for
clients rely very much on CDs which have been puchased or downloaded.  At
the moment they tend to use distributions other than Debian despite
Debian's inherent advantages.  Debian has a reputation of being difficult
to install so we need to ensure that the CDs are problem free and user
friendly.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
Mobile 025 267 9420.  I sell GNU/Linux CDs.  See http://www.copyleft.co.nz