Re: Question re 2.1r5 and md5sums

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Bob McGowan wrote:

> On the Debian page, the notice for the release of 2.1r5 says it was out
> on Feb. 16, 2000.  And I believe I downloaded it shortly after that
> (using the pseudo-image rsync method).  But I noticed then (and it is
> still true) that the location mentioned
> (www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images) for md5sums in the doc that came
> with the pseudo-image procedure does not have sums files for 2.1r5 but
> only for r4 and r2.
>
> Is there any significance to the "missing" r3?  And I am wondering if
> the "problems" with r5 mentioned on cdimage.debian.org are fixed yet and
> where can I get the md5sums for r5 to check the images I have created?

The latest official CD images are version 2.1r4. The images you downloaded
should be 2.1r4 too, so you should use the MD5SUMS files in the r4 directory
to check them.

The r2 only holds the m68k images, that due to problems with some packages and
boot-floppies could not be re-built for r3 and r4.

The problems with r5 are "about" to be resolved, but because several things
have changed since the release of r5, the CD images will skip that number and
head on to r6 instead.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer