Re: Problem generating pseudo-image using ncftp

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, John Gould wrote:

> Hello there,
>             I get the following error in the pseudo-image.log file when
> attempting to generate a pseudo image of the slink iso's :-
>
> -- cut --
> -- Mirrors: PLEASE do not use ls -lR but use the provided listing file
>    instead!
> ProFTPD 1.2.0pre9 Server ready.
> Logging in...
> Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
> Logged in to ftp.debian.org.
> *** Error: getline(): not interactive, use stdio.
>
> -- cut --
> The command line is :-
>
> ./make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian
>
> The generation process works normally with wget, i.e. setting
> DONTUSENCFTP=DONTUSENCFTP
>
> Anyone got any ideas why ncftp doesn't work, the box this is running on is
> a potato frozen install.

Very strange... The new ncftp can't run in background any more? Or is there
some new switch that will cause it to read commands from stdin? (I don't run
potato here, so unfortunately can't check.)

You can also try to install ncftp2 (the older version), which
make-pseudo-image will use automagically instead of `regular' ncftp.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer