Re: Still can't get a pseudo-image to work.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, John F. Davis wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to make a cdimage of the latest i386 image, but I'm not sure what I
> am doing wrong.  I wanted to make the latest potato release intially, now
> I just want to get a stable slink version.
>
> Here's where I got my file list from:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cd-images/current/i386/
>

> Here's the commands I issued via a winNT box connected via my company
> T1:
>
> make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.twoguys.org/pub/debian
> make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.digex.net/pub/debian
> make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian
>

> the result was that the first make-pseudo-image ran to completion but
> didn't get everything.  Subsquent make-pseudo-image commands didn't pick
> up anything new.  It appears to be missing some really basic things, such
> as perl and emacs.

That's completely right, and no error in any way. It's just that many packages
on the FTP sites have been updated (and hence got other names) since the CD
images were made. You can just ignore these warnings and proceed with the
rsync step.

If you still experience problems, don't hesitate to contact me personally.

BTW, we are going to make new CD images, but I don't expect them for at least
two weeks.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer