RE: Status of 2.1r5

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Jim Westveer wrote:

> On 10-Apr-2000 Mark Allen wrote:
> > I've been reading the mailing list archive, but I haven't seen any recent
> > traffic about slink 2.1r5. I'd very much like to put together a 2.1r5 CD --
> > and I'm sure I'm not alone. :-)
> >
> > Are .list files forthcoming, or has there been further delay with the
> > w3/emacs dependency problem?
>
> The updated w3 files are still in 'proposed-updates'
>
> perhaps we should create a package called:
>
>    Debian_slink_2.1r5
>
> just so we can file a bug against it ;-)

There is already a package for that: ftp.debian.org.

The bad thing is that the ftp.debian.org virtual package does not
allow NMUs, so if the ftp.debian.org maintainers do not fix this,
it won't be fixed.

It's an unfortunate fact that a non-working TeX, for example, takes
nearly four months (after the maintainer upload) to be fixed
in the stable CD images.

Are they really so busy?

--
 "943ebac13c8779e7ddfd16b60f6ae976" (a truly random sig)