Re: sparc: binary cd 1 created with 0 bytes

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 09:20:34AM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> something is going wrong with the boot stuff.
>
> any idea why debian-cd ignores this error and continues
> with the rest ?

Because it doesn't check return codes, and it should. I'll submit a quick
patch for it today, since the problem occurs because right now, sparc
needs root to a) untar root.tar.gz (it contains some dev nodes and such)
and b) to then create CD 1 (since the de nodes are masked to 077 to make
it not create a temporary security problem on the system it is building
on).

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '