Re: boot-floppies 2.2.9 and Debian CD's...

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > Well, you can also just try it _unless_ the user asks you _not_ to. That's the
> > M$ way, and AFAIR I didn't hear complaints about that at all ;-))
>
> Well, I'm just worried about too many unknowns with this approach this
> late in the game. It wont even matter for woody since we will have devfs
> and we can easily probe /dev for configured cdrom's.

Actually, we did try Anne's "try all the mounts and see if it
succeeds", but this will cause hangs on certain broken hardware.

I am satisified with BenC's approach, although I do think that a
bootargs flag would be cleaner and more inline with how we're doing
other such switches for dbootstrap.