Re: boot-floppies 2.2.9 and Debian CD's...

Le Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 09:28:54AM -0500, Ben Collins écrivait:
> > Why wouldn't you put /cdrom_image by default in all 2.88 Mb image that are
> > only used for CDs AFAIK ?
>
> That could be very well possible. Since the code in dbootstrap falls back
> to normal operation if it does not find the files it expects, then we
> wouldn't have to worry about a CD that a user burned incorrectly.

I guess that's the best solution we have for the moment, many people
create CD image without root rights ... and I wouldn't trust debian-cd
code too much (with all the files that are written without any
check and possibly to a well known location writable by all).

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
      Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>