RE: 2.1r5 Master file

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Jim Westveer wrote:

> Yea, I emailed pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu and pfaffben@debian.org
> ---bad email addresses at msu.edu
>
> If you look at the package description....w3-el-e20 is a
> add on package to emacs20 .... but the depends is set up
> for versions greater than 20.3-3   BUT  less than 20.3-100 ???
> emacs20 is at  20.5a-2 ...  therefore the depends error. .
>
> Because it is the ONLY error in the generation
> of slink r5 disks, IMHO the package should be removed.
>

> Remember your Sherlock Holmes...'after deducing the obvious,
> that what is left, must therefore be the truth'. ;-)

I have just done a test install of 2.1r5 i386 using Dialup as it selects
w3-el.  I had burnt and used the first CD.

The first dselect run failed to configure about 6 packages.

I removed w3-el for the second dselect run and all packages then
configured.

Questions.
What is the status of the present 2.1r5?
Are official CDs going to be produced?
Is there to be any official announcement?

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818